Gown prep for Masquerade

I was reviewing my size sheets for this week, and realized I hadn’t noticed a particular size. A size we don’t currently have in stock. A size which I have never made before. So….here is a new challenge! 

The first thing I did was email her for more measurements, because we were doing a custom gown and set of jumps for her. She was very quick to respond (yay!), so I was able to make the pattern yesterday.

I started by padding out one of my dress forms to suit her measurments as closely as possible. 

Using hip pads and rumps didn’t work so well though….just super lumpy….I don’t have any batting in the shop right now (now on the list!!!), so I used some foam and some quilted lengths of fabric that had batting in them. 

This worked much better! I tied the twill tape where her measurments indicated the waist line was. 

I loosely used Larkin and Smith’s pattern shapes for this gown, we wanted to use a stomacher for more flexibility. Their pattern didn’t go up to this size, so I fudged ( a lot!).  This is the first try.

And here is the second and final draft of this pattern. I really hope I set the sleeve right! We’ll see tomorrow night, when it gets worn!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Gown prep for Masquerade

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s